Saturday, September 27, 2008

Let's Go Phillies!!

Please excuse the photo. I can't find my camera's download thing, so this is the shot taken by the official roving camera dude. Apparently I can pay anywhere from $12 to $250 to have it applied to a myriad of items. As you can see, Max and I went to the Phils game last night. As you may also be able to see, we're sitting up against a chain link fence. Which means we were in the highest seats possible. It was awesome. It was also raining. Not consistently downpouring, but a fine steady mist that kept us damp for the duration. Max had a poncho (thanks Leo) and I had a hot fire for victory to keep me warm. My mom got the tickets, so Max and I took the train from my office into Center City to meet up with her. We had a yummy sushi dinner in this newly renovated exterior area at Suburban Station, and then headed to the subway to get to the park. Of course it was packed (last series of the season and we're hanging on to first place by a game), and a few impromptu Phillies cheers erupted. Love Philadelphia. The park was, as always beautiful, (obviously not a photo from last night) even though it was cloudy and rainy. Max got a huge hot dog, and Mom and I got our beers in plastic bottles. No smashing bottles over anyone's heads tonight. Mom kept score determinedly and Max and I whipped our rally towels over our heads at any opportunity. The Phils won, the Mets lost and we made it all the way through the 8th inning before we left. One cool thing that happened in the first inning that totally made my night. There were two men on base, and Ryan Howard came up to bat. I leaned over and told Max that he was a great hitter and sometimes hits home runs. I got Max to stand on his seat, just in case. Sure enough - three run home run!! Max flipped and we hooted and hollered our heads off. Thanks RyHow! Sorry I call you fatty sometimes. So we left in the 8th and slowly made our way back home on the subway and the train. Our train came in at 11:30pm, and by the time we were walking home from the station I was dead on my feet. Max, on the other hand, was having the time of his life. 

So as they say in this part of the world, Muck the Fets and Let's Go Phils!!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

that's AWESOME! My dad was there last week and nearly caught a foul ball. It bounced off his finger and he lost it, but oh it was so exciting! YAY PHILS!!