Wednesday, September 10, 2008

IT'S HERE

The iPhone arrived! It's worth the wait (although I admit to really loving the wait...) I took the photo to the left with it, and have already wasting hours playing with it. All in all, just what I'd hoped, and bound to be more. 

The boys started school today. It was Nicky's first day in school ever, and I felt kind of bad about not being with him. I went to the first three years of First Days with Max, but work has been taking over lately. Turns out it doesn't matter a bit, he was totally thrilled to be there and didn't need any extra time with Leo. The report was that he practically pushed Leo out the door. Hurray!! 

Recovered from my brutal Sunday run and did a nice and speedy 5 miles today. I've noticed on other blogs where people talk about running they never mention their minutes per mile, unless it's something insane like 5 or 6 per. I really hate that. I'm so curious as to how fast other people run (probably way too interested in it..), so I'm not going to do that. It might be a little embarrassing, but I'm going to always give my minutes/per. So. Tonight I did 5 miles in 48 minutes, which is around 9.6 minutes per. I'm pretty thrilled, that's a really decent time for me. So there you have it. 

Off to my iPhone.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I bet you could even BLOG from your iphone!

I got a new phone today too, it's cool for me (finally I'll have email on my phone) but nothing compared to the iPhone.

ADW said...

best picture ever.

so funny how you mentioned admitting running time (or not admitting) I ran 5.5 yesterday and was really taking my time..and enjoying it! As I ran and was totally spacing out/reorganizing my mind I was thinking about my time and how I always state the distance and not the time. I was quite conscious of the lack of speed I was running and was prepared to do the 5.5 in 1 1/2 hours (I know.) I was ok with that time because the run was so enjoyable. To my surprise I was done in 1 hour. I am not a fast runner but I enjoy the meditative aspects of running, thats why I've grown fond of running solo. Wow, I guess this could have been a blog post of my own and not a comment.

glad your phone is making you excited!

ADW said...

ps- did you know how much protein is in a mung bean? something like 27 g/serving!

OonieBird said...

Mung bean sounds too much like Dung bean for me.