Monday, January 5, 2009

Update

My mom described to me yesterday what it was going to be like when the depression started to lift. She said I'd start to see the yellows and pinks in the world again. Just that little reminder was wonderful. Today was good, I feel a lot better, and was much less irritable at work than I have been for the last month (eek!). I decided to go for a run after work. I've lived in Philadelphia all of my life, and been running for several years but have never run along Kelly Drive (except for the Distance Run, but that's different), which follows the Schuylkill River into the City. Tonight I decided to break some new running ground, and I'm hooked. It's such a wonderful combination - rush hour traffic on one side (breakneck speed on the Drive) and the peaceful river on the other. Ahead is the magnificent skyline of Philadelphia. I meant to run 4, but miscalculated and ended up doing a little over five, which was really wonderful. I felt my body uncoiling and remembering how great it is to get outside and hobble along for a few miles. 

Thanks for the sweet notes and stories, it means so much to me to have the lovely friends that I do. 


Kelly Drive by ujima.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

glad to hear that you're seeing the pinks!! Running has got to be good for the soul.
But be careful on Kelly Drive at night, ok? I know it is not always safe.