Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weekend glorious weekend

It's over. Thank goodness. I got into the office at 6:30 yesterday morning to make sure I had time to get the proposal exactly how I wanted it to look in time for my two o'clock deadline. Of course I was still rushed and insane, because it just kept growing, and I had to change plans on how to present it. Originally I was going to bind it in my spiral binding machine, but realized late Thursday night that it was too big to fit into anything but I binder, which I think are really ugly. Long, boring story about binders short, we managed to make do.  I dropped the box of 7 binders off at the University an hour early (sweet!) and then shifted focus to a very important issue.  Yesterday was Leo's 42nd birthday, and in typical Oona-mode I left it to the last minute.  I was stumped until Wednesday when I decided on a Blu-Ray DVD player. Leo loves movies more than anyone I know, and we got an HD tv a few months ago, so I figured I'd gamble and get it. I had every intention to go home early on Friday and pick up his present on the way, but I couldn't get out of the office until after 5. I hauled out to Best Buy to pick up the player, but the system was down, and there were all sorts of little emergencies popping up behind the counter that made picking up a present I had pre-ordered and paid for online nearly impossible. So on my special, "I promise I'll be home early for your birthday" night, I pulled into the driveway at 6:45. At least I got to see the house in the light. I realized that all this week I had left before sun and gotten home after sun. 

Anyway (this is getting really long and pointless) Leo loved his player, and then I realized that I hadn't even gotten him a movie to watch on it. Will rectify that today.

We have some birthday plans for the weekend. Dinner with friends, one of whom shares the birthday, tonight (and hopefully the Phillies game. Dinner's at their house and they aren't big fans. I will insist) and then dinner with mom tomorrow night.  

So in hindsight I see that this post is pointless. Oh well, sorry!


1 comment:

ADW said...

Happy birthday to Leo!!

you guys should watch Surfwise, its the best movie I have ever seen (although so far no one agrees with me).

Glad things came together for you.