Monday, October 20, 2008
I Love Facebook
I know it's not cool to say. We're all supposed to be a little above it, kind of posting there because "why not?". But I love it. I've been able to connect with people I haven't seen in years. This incredible woman, Rhett, who I knew for a brief time at Guilford, and I reconnected. Or my buddy Mike, who's amazing talent for photography I discovered when we reconnected on Facebook. Then there's the whole GFS gang, who are on in force. There's a new development, which is my family (the Walsh's) are on Facebook too. So I feel like there's this wonderful web of people I love, or who have shaped me, or who knew me when I was awkward, or mean, or sad, and they're all out there and I can log in and see this wide group which stretches all over the country and know they're there. This was triggered by my sister joining, and me posting some celebratory comment to her, and being followed by her friend Whitney. I met Whitney when I was visiting Ali in Maine, and seeing her pop up there made the world seem very small. I started thinking about how far I could leap frog on friends, family, friends of friends, friends of family. Could I hit every state?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you're not awkward anymore?
kiddig. I'm loving Facebook too
xoxo
I love it too. I just love having that community on there. I tried explaining it to my mother recently, and she laughed at me. Clearly I need to explain better or something.
Post a Comment